Cute & Clever Ideas Of What To Write In A Baby Shower Book
You’ve been invited to a “bring a book instead of a card baby shower” or a “baby’s first library” party. Wonderful! You’ve got the perfect baby book, but you don’t know what to write in a baby shower book?
Baby books are a great opportunity to say something inspiring and memorable to the growing family. Your personal inscription or quote can be as valuable as the book! You never know how many generations could be reading your message for years to come. Here are a few ideas of the kinds of messages you can write in a baby shower book:
- A sweet message of love and encouragement to the new parents ;
- A message of hope or your dreams for the new baby;
- Beautiful quotes to inspire parents or children;
- A message to the baby where you share personal memories that you’ve had with the mom/dad;
- If the book you’re gifting is a personal favorite, you can write about what it means to you, or you can reference your favorite part of the book. You could also write about memories that the book brings for you;
- A personal message inscribed directly to the new baby;
Whatever you decide, your goal may be to create an unforgettable, cherished gift. Below are several great ideas to inspire you:
What To Write In A Baby Shower Book
Book Inscriptions That Will Be Loved And Appreciated
- A book is a device to ignite the imagination. —Alan Bennett
- A book is a dream you hold in your hands. —Neil Gaiman
- A book is a gift you can open again and again, just like you are a gift to this family every moment of every day.
- A book is a magic carpet that flies you off somewhere. A book is a door. You open it. You step through. Do you come back? —Jeanette Winterson
- A book, a cuddle, and love.
- A child who reads will be an adult who thinks.
- A new baby, a new life, and new beginning.
- A story a day means a lifetime of adventures.
- Always have a story to tell.
- Always there has been an adventure just around the corner—and the world is still full of corners. —Roy Chapman Andrews
- And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. —Roald Dahl
- Between the pages of a book is a wonderful place to be. —Anonymous
- Books are a uniquely portable magic. —Stephen King
- Books are imaginations come to life.
- Books are the plane. And the train. And the road. They are the destination. And the journey, they are home. – Anna Quindlen
- Enjoy every moment with your new little.
- Give with love and the hope that these simple words will open the world of literature to you.
- Here is one way to be a hero. I can’t wait to see the hero you will become.
- Here’s to the happiest day ever!
- I give you this book with love and the hope that these simple words will open a world of literature and knowledge for you.
- I hope that this book will find a new home in your heart.
- I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else. —Neil Gaiman
- I wanted to share a book that I loved with a child I love.
- I’m so excited to meet you and share my favorite book with you!
- If you only read the books everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- I’m so excited to meet you and share my favorite book with you!
- It’s never too early to share the love of reading.
- Keep reading. It’s one of the most marvelous adventures that anyone can have. —Lloyd Alexander
- Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever. – Walt Disney
- Let’s get baby-happy.
- Lets get cozy and read together!
- May every story you read bring you inspirations of adventure.
- May this book touch your heart as deeply as you have touched mine.
- May you always look for secret beauty.
- May you always write your own story.
- May you grow to find the magic with yourself.
- May you walk in strength and courage.
- May your life be filled with beautiful stories.
- May your life be filled with stories and your shelves be full of books.
- No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time. —Lewis Carroll
- Once you learn to read, you will be forever free. —Frederick Douglass
- Open a book and you can be anything you want to be.
- Promise me you’ll remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – A.A Milne, Winnie the Pooh
- Read me a story, tuck me in tight, say a sweet prayer, and kiss me goodnight. Jane Dyer
- Reading gives life more life.
- Reading gives you someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
- Reading Together = Happy Families!
- Show your love through a book.
- The journey of a lifetime starts with the turning of a page – Rachel Anders
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. —Dr. Seuss
- The sweetest part of your life is about to begin.
- The time you spend with your child and a book lasts forever.
- There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book. —Marcel Proust
- These are going to be the most magical and memorable moments of your life.
- Today a reader, tomorrow a leader. – Margaret Fuller
- We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too. —Anonymous
- Welcome to endless and unconditional love.
- Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. —Vera Nazarian
- Wishing you many nights of bedtime stories and sweet dreams. – Jane Dyer
- You are the hero of your own story, but here’s some pretty good inspiration.
- You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book – Dr. Seuss
- You’ll never know how much your parents loved you until you hold your child in your arms the very first time.
- Your world is about to change…and it’s going to be better than ever.
- Yours is a story so brave and true, and life is awaiting the hero in you!
Where In The Book Do I Write My Baby Shower Message?
Book inscriptions are usually written inside the front cover of a book. Most children’s picture books offer ample space on the inside of the book cover or the first page. Because pages can be torn, it’s best practice to write your inscription on the inside cover.
However, baby board books can be a bit more tricky because (1) there may already be writing or illustrations on the inside of the cover, and (2) other than a sharpie or a marker, you will not be able to write on it with a pen. Sometimes the back cover can offer space for a personal message. However, if no white space exists on the inside of the front or back cover, you can always paste a white sticker inside the cover, and write your message on that.
For a personal touch, do try to write your message by hand with brightly colored markers so that it’s eye-catching for the young reader.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love