Our calculator uses data provided by the CDC's Baby Growth Charts and the diaper manufacturer's sizing and usage charts. CDC data is based on the average growth rate of a child.
However, not all children are the same. Please use the data provided as a general estimate to help you plan your diaper purchases.
How many diapers per day?
What size diaper to choose?
|SIZE NB||UP TO 10 LBS|
|SIZE 1||8 - 14 LBS|
|SIZE 2||12 - 18 LBS|
|SIZE 3||16 - 28 LBS|
|SIZE 4||22 - 37 LBS|
|SIZE 5||OVER 27 LBS|
|SIZE 6||OVER 35 LBS|
Here's a helpful chart of expected weight gain over the next 6 months. Hover over the chart for more details.
Amazing Savings For New & Expecting Parents
How Many Diapers Do You Need And What Size?
Welcome to our free and easy to use Diaper Calculator. This diaper calculator will help you estimate:
- How many diapers your baby needs,
- What size diaper per stage is expected from birth until potty training,
- Your total diaper costs, and
- A detailed price comparison between the most popular diaper brands.
Diapering can get complicated, which is why moms and dads have so many questions. These are just a few commonly asked diaper questions from regular moms, like you:
- How many newborn diapers do I need? / How many diapers do I need?
- What diaper size do I need?
- How many diapers per day?
- When to go up a size in diapers?
- How much do diapers cost?
- How many diapers does a baby use in a year?
The diaper calculator will help you answer these, and other questions you may have.
The calculator is easy to use. Simply add your baby’s details, and the diaper calculator will offer estimates based on CDC data and big brand diaper companies, like Pampers and Huggies.
If you have further questions, or you have found a glitch in our calculator, please let us know. We are continually tweaking it to make sure it is an accurate and helpful tool for moms and dads.
A NEW MOM'S GUIDE TO DIAPERING LIKE A PRO:
Diapering seems so easy at first glance, but it can get confusing and frustrating. Here are a few helpful posts to help you figure things out.