How To Make Nutter Butter Acorns
This is so easy to make! If you have a kid in the house, you could ask them to help you make these nutter butter acorns. There will probably be a lot of taste testing, but that’s okay.
Apologies in advance, we say “1 Bag” of mini chocolate chips, bite-sized Nutter Butters and Hershey’s kisses below. Of course, there are different sized bags. What you get will depend on how many nutter butter acorns you will need, so adjust the “bag” size as you wish.
These nutter butter acorn cookies are delicious and adorable, and they’re perfect for woodland themed kids parties or baby showers.
Nutter Butter Acorns
- 1 Bag Mini chocolate chips
- 1 Bag Bite Sized Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 Bag Hershey's Kisses
Unwrap your Hershey's kisses and open the bag of bite-sized Nutter Butter Cookies, and Mini chocolate chips.
Place a microwave-safe plate in your microwave for 15 seconds. This is just to warm up the plate.
With the flat side down, place the Hershey's kisses on the hot plate, one-by-one. This is to melt the bottoms a little.
It takes just a few seconds to melt them. While the chocolate is still soft and melted, press the bottoms of your Hershey's kisses onto the bite-sized nutter butter cookies. Let it rest. You want the chocolate to get hard again. You can put them in the fridge to accelerate the process.
Once they are stuck to the nutter butter cookies, it's time to "paste" the mini chocolate chips to the other end of the cookies. You will follow the same process as before.
Warm a microwave-safe plate in your microwave for 15 seconds. Place the mini chocolate chips on the warm plate, flat side down, for a few seconds. Again, this is just to melt it slightly.
While the chocolate is still soft and melted, press the bottoms of your mini chocolate chip onto the other side of the bite-sized nutter butter cookies. Let it rest.
Voila! You have Nutter Butter Acorns!
Hershey Kiss Acorns – Variations
- If Nutter Butter cookies are not really your thing, you could also use Mini Nilla Cookies.
- Instead of mini chocolate chips, you could use butterscotch chips instead.
- Also instead of mini chocolate chips, you could pipe out a teeny bit of chocolate frosting instead.
- If melting the bottoms of the chocolate chips and Hershey kisses are not quite working for you, you could melt a bit of chocolate, then use that as glue to stick the Hershey’s Kisses and chocolate chips to your cookies.
Image Credit: Elizabeth Ray Photography