Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love
What Are Baby Shower Game Prizes And Are They Necessary?
Baby shower prizes, favors and raffle ideas! It all gets really confusing when you’re new to planning a baby shower.
Basically, it all starts with baby shower games, which are traditionally played at baby showers. The winners of these games get baby shower game prizes.
- Baby shower favors – every shower attendee gets a favor. If your choice for baby shower favors are bath salts, then everyone will get the bath salts as they leave. Per unit, your favors will be the cheapest.
- Baby shower prizes – these are special in that only winners of the baby shower games get it. Prizes for baby shower games are typically a bit more valuable than the favors. You can have more than one shower prize. The number of game prize ideas you have depends on how many games you plan to play. (If you are planning a typical baby shower, you would play approximately 3 baby shower games, and you would, therefore, need 3 prizes.)
- Diaper raffle prizes – these are typically big and valuable prizes that are won after people participated in the diaper raffle. Usually, you’ll have only 1 door prize, so only one person will win it. Click here for door prize ideas.
42 Baby Shower Prizes They’ll Actually Appreciate
The sky is the limit when it comes to choosing prizes to give away at a baby shower. There are truly so many things you can do.
Below are 36 unique baby shower prize ideas to suit any budget.
If you are on a budget, use the images below as inspiration to create your own, unique baby shower game prizes. Also, “cheap baby shower prizes” does not mean “low-quality gifts that land up in the garbage.” Instead, it means you paid less for a quality gift that would be appreciated by your guests.
Bath Salts As Baby Shower Gifts For Guests
A Collection Of Pretty Baby Shower Game Prize Ideas
You don’t have to have the same game prizes for every game. You can mix and match as you like.
Tie everything up with a pretty ribbon that matches (or complements) your baby shower theme. This creates a cohesive look despite the different types of game prizes.
Plastic Tumblers With Assorted Goodies As Prizes For Baby Shower Games
Tumblers are a great gift because most people will use them long after the baby shower is over. It’s one of those baby shower prizes that will not end up in the trash.
Fill them with candies, nail polish, travel-size hand sanitizers, nail files, or anything that you think your guests would appreciate. Tie a pretty ribbon that matches your shower theme, and you’re set.
Tumblers With A Pretty Ribbon
If you are able to get tumblers that match the colors of your baby shower, this is probably the easiest game prize you can have. Add a beautiful wide ribbon, and you’re done.
“From Our Shower To Yours” Prizes For Baby Shower Games
“Gifts in a Jar” is a popular trend because your guests will use what’s in the jar, and they’re likely to reuse the mason jar too.
This “gift in a jar” has a shower theme. It’s easy to set up and it matches the popular “from our shower to yours” gift tag.
Cake Mix – Baby Shower Prizes For Game Winners
Super Easy! This is also a cheap prize!
Alcohol Game Prizes For Adults
Alcoholic gifts may not be “appropriate” for every baby shower. This will depend on whether mom-to-be is okay with it, and who has been invited. It may not work for a shower where grandmas, aunts, and moms are invited, but it may be perfect if mom-to-be’s friends are young and social.
You can create a few baskets with all kinds of things that complement alcohol.
Baby Making Potion – Coed Baby Shower Prizes
If you’re struggling to find baby shower prizes for guys, this is a good one!
This is a funny game prize idea encouraging the attendees to also get pregnant. It will work at a coed baby shower, or better yet – a diaper party for dad!
You can buy tiny bottles of alcohol at wine and liquor stores. Add your “baby-making potion” tag and some pretty ribbon to complete the look.
Coffee & Tea Mug Prizes For Baby Shower Games
These shower game prizes are so adorable and would certainly be appreciated.
Full instructions on how to create these monogrammed mugs are here.
If you are on a budget and monogrammed mugs seem like a stretch, you can pull off the same look for significantly less:
- You can often get pretty mugs with beautiful designs at your local Dollar store or Walmart;
- Buy dish towels in bulk (to get them cheaper), or buy them from the Dollar store; (Do make sure your dishtowels are thin enough to fit into the mugs.)
- Depending on how many game prizes you will need, buy 1-2 boxes of tea. Walmart is usually a good place to get tea because they often sell boxes of fancy tea for under $6.
- Using a single hole punch, poke a hole into the corner of the teabag pouch, making sure you don’t poke the teabag. (Single hole punches are usually available from the Dollar store.)
- Using twine, tie the teabag to the dish towel.
- Place the teabag and dishtowel into your mug. Viola!
Coffee Gift Ideas For Baby Shower Games
Any coffee lover would love this prize! It’s super easy to create too! Full instructions here.
Winter Baby Shower Prizes For Guests
Inspiration for this game prize idea basket comes from hairsoutofplace.com.
Gift Baskets As Baby Shower Game Prizes For Guests
Chances are good that if you were playing baby shower games, you would be eager to win one of these baby shower game prizes?
Most people love gift baskets and you can create them by theme, like the above mani-pedi gift basket and the movie night gift basket. Other prizes for baby shower gift bags can be toiletries, edible treats, etc.
Beach Themed Baby Shower Gift Bags
If you are having a summer baby shower and you’re close to the beach, this would be an awesome shower game prize idea.
Wine & Chocolate Baby Shower Game Prizes For Adults
These prizes have two mini bottles of wine but if two bottles per prize are out of your budget, 1 bottle is just as good.
To create this, you will need:
- Cellophane gift bags;
- Mini bottles of wine;
- Hershey’s kisses;
- Crinkly paper (in a color that complements or matches your baby shower colors.)
- Ribbon or twine to tie it together.
Coffee To Go Gifts For Baby Shower Games
People love coffee, so gifts and baby shower prizes like these are appreciated.
To create these, you will need:
- To-go coffee cups; (You could go with paper or plastic. Try to get colors or designs that match your baby boy or baby girl shower theme.)
- Small packs of coffee that would fit into the to-go cup;
- Cellophane bags;
- Ribbon or twine to tie it together.
Chocolate Treats In A Jar
If you are crafty, you will find this easy. If not, you can still pull this off relatively easily.
- Fill your mason jars with goodies like candies, etc.
- Wrap wide ribbon around it and seal it with a glue gun.
- Place a piece of fabric under the lid to create the above look.
- Viola! You’re done.
Sangria Kit – Coed Baby Shower Prizes
This is admittedly not a cheap prize, but it is a great prize for any occasion and any season. Your guests will be fighting over this one!
Pampering Baby Shower Gift Ideas For Games
Who does not love to be pampered?
Buy a few pampering products, and place it in a pretty basket. Tie a pretty ribbon or bow onto it, and you’re good to go.
Ice Cream & Candy Prize Ideas For Baby Shower
To create this gift box:
- Line the inside of the basket with pretty fabric;
- Fill a few small mason jars or glass jars with candies;
- Add in ice cream toppings;
- Add a Sundae mug; (Sometimes you can get these at the Dollar store.)
- Include an old fashioned ice cream scoop and wafer cones to tie it all together.
A Collection Of Prizes For Baby Shower Games
This happens to most of us – you go to the store to get baby shower game prizes for guests, and everything looks perfect. You can’t decide!
Why decide? Get a collection of game prizes and let your guests play for it.
Wine & Lip Balm Gifts For Baby Showers Games
To create these, you’ll need:
Ready-To-Make Margarita Mix – Baby Shower Prizes For Guys And Gals
If your guests enjoy margaritas, this is a perfect baby shower prize idea for a summer baby shower. You’ll need a margarita glass, a baby bottle of tequila, a lime, salt, and margarita mix for each door prize.
Mani-Pedi Baby Shower Gifts For Guests
Mani-pedi kits are much appreciated and they’re so easy to put together.
The basics of a mani-pedi kit are:
If you are on a budget, you can get all of these at your local Dollar store.
Baked Goodies – Baby Shower Game Gift Ideas For Winners
Everyone loves baked goods!
If you are an avid baker, consider creating prizes out of your baked goods.
To create this prize basked, you will need:
- woven baskets;
- Jam jars. I(f you can make jam, great. If you can’t, buy jam in bulk from places like Costco and fill your jars with those jams, instead;)
- Disposable bread pans;
- Resealable paper coffee bags and coffee to fill them;
- Decorative teaspoons and twine. If you are on a budget, buy regular teaspoons or omit the teaspoon;
- Dishtowels. To complement your baby shower theme, try to get dishtowels that complement your theme colors.
Succulent Baby Shower Favors
Succulents are a great gift for baby showers because it represents growth.
This sweet prize idea does take a little preparation. You can find complete instructions on how to create it, here.
Gift Ideas For Baby Shower Games
This is a combination of big and small prize ideas.
Each gift has a theme to it.
- For the “from our shower to yours” theme basket, you can add shower goodies. Personalize it with mom-to-be’s name.
- For the “you nailed it” theme jar, you can add mani-pedi items. These are personalized with the “it’s a boy ribbon.”
Toiletries Baby Shower Game Gifts
This is another good example of a “from our shower to yours” gift.
Winter Gift Ideas For Baby Shower Games
This is an oh-so-easy prize to offer. You can get almost everything from your local grocery store.
To create your own s’mores gift basket, you’ll need:
- Graham crackers;
- A mason jar for the marshmallows;
- A smaller mason jar for the chocolate;
- A dishtowel to line the basket.
- A basket to fit your ingredients.
- Free s’mores printable.
Lip Balm & Hand Cream – Cheap Baby Shower Prize Ideas
She’s About To Pop – Champagne Gift Set
“Ready to pop”/ “She’s about to pop” is a popular baby shower theme, and champagne matches it nicely.
If you want to create a similar look, decorate the bottle with feathers and a tag.
Mommy & Me Liquor Gift Set
If you’re looking for cheap prizes for games, this is NOT it! Full bottles of liqueur are usually expensive. However, keep in mind that you can get only 1 set because you can mix and match your prizes.
What makes this an adorable prize idea is the “mommy and me” bottles – which perfectly fits the idea of a baby shower.
This can also work as baby shower prizes for guys, but instead, use a liqueur that guys would like. It will be a “daddy and me” set.
Hand Lotion – Cheap Baby Shower Prize Ideas
If you’re looking for small prize ideas, this is it! Gifts for baby showers games cannot get any easier than this.
Baking Utensils – Small Prize Ideas
Whether you’re young or old, most of us would appreciate a set of baking utensils.
Place everything into an oven mitt, add a ribbon and measuring spoons, and you’re set!
Treat Baskets As Baby Shower Prize Gifts
Sweet treats are usually a good bet as party game prizes because most of us can’t resist them.
Flowers As Baby Shower Game Gifts
Most people love flowers.
If you are using flowers as your baby shower decor, you can make double use of those flowers and also offer them as game prizes. That would make these “cheap prizes” because you’re not spending extra for it.
Movie Night Party Game Prizes
What a treat!
Potted Plants As Baby Shower Prizes For Game Winners
Potted plants are a great idea because they match the “watch me grow” theme that often goes with baby showers.
You can usually get little plants like these for relatively cheap. Tie a pretty bow around it with a simple tag, and you’re set.
These are popular prize ideas for summer baby showers.
Pretty Tea Cups As Classy Baby Shower Prize Ideas
If you’re looking for elegant and classy, this is one of a few great prizes for baby shower games.
You’ll need a:
- teacup and saucer; (On a budget? See if you can find some classy teacup and saucer sets at your local Goodwill or thrift store.)
- ribbon to match your theme or baby shower colors;
- cellophane gift wrap.
Alcoholic Drinks As Baby Shower Game Gifts
This is a super easy and appreciated baby shower gift idea for a coed baby shower or a diaper party.
All you’ll need are:
- drink size mason jars; (mason jars with handles would be perfect for this!)
- sodas to drink with the alcohol;
- single serving alcohol bottles, which you can buy from any liquor store;
- paper straws;
Homemade Candles – Fragrant Baby Shower Gifts For Games
If you make your own candles, these would be cheap prizes for games.
Here are handy and easy instructions on how to make your own candles.
If you don’t make your own candles, you can buy candles for relatively cheap too.
Gift Cards As Easy Prizes For Baby Shower Games
Offering gift cards as a baby shower prize is a smart and easy option. Choosing gift cards may save you time and you can get gift cards in any value. Your prize winners are likely to love AND use it.
Cookie Mix – Sweet Baby Shower Gifts For Games
These are perfect if your guests are known to bake. This prize allows them to bake fresh cookies whenever they want.
Unfortunately, these are not as easy to prepare as it looks. With patience, it’s totally doable! You will need to carefully pour and be sure to press each level of ingredients down before you pour the next level.
Helpful Tips For Choosing Baby Shower Gifts For Guests
- As you choose your gifts for baby shower games, do keep in mind that the prizes do not need to be the same. It is entirely dependent on you. As you will see from the examples below, sometimes the prizes are all the same, and often they’re not.
- Understand the guests that are invited and try to choose baby shower gift bags that suit them. What is their type and nature? Do they have children, are there younger or older guests, etc. You need to choose prizes that will be appealing to the majority of guests attending. For example, offering baked treats to mom-to-be’s friends who are watching their weight, or alcohol to people who don’t drink alcohol, is not a great idea.
- Packaging and presentation is a big deal. If your prizes are packaged well, your guests would be more enticed by them- even if they are cheap baby shower prizes.
- Look at the type of shower you are planning. Does it have a theme? Try to choose gifts for baby shower games based on your baby shower theme. This may not always be possible but it’s a nice touch.
- If your baby shower game prizes do not quite fit your baby shower theme, try to make the packaging “theme” friendly. For example, if you are having a “mommy to bee” baby shower, you could use yellow ribbon or paste bee stickers on the gift bags.
- If you just cannot think of ideas for prizes, consider gift cards. They’re a really easy and versatile option because most people love gift cards. Below the collection of baby shower prize ideas, we offer creative ways to give gift cards.
- Be creative and look at a lot of varieties on how you can make the prizes unique.
- Importantly, what type of budget do you have? Buy accordingly to what you can afford.
- Lastly, have fun with the prizes, make it creative and remember it is a baby shower so keep it in line with that.
As you select your baby shower prizes, do keep in mind that there is a lot of overlap between baby shower favors and baby shower game prizes. What is offered as a baby shower favor at one shower, could be offered as a baby shower prize at another shower. It is all dependent on your budget.
Note From The Author
I’ve tried my best to give you a big collection for inspiration, but do not feel limited. My intention was for this collection to spark further ideas. Perhaps you could also offer small kitchen gadgets, recipe boxes, stationery, best-selling books, home-made preserves, or gift sets as baby shower game prizes.
If you are hosting a baby shower, do not fret too much over your baby shower gift bags. The only thing to remember is to get baby shower game prizes that people will actually want. If people see that the baby shower prizes are good, they may be more enthusiastic about playing baby shower games.
Also, if you are on a budget, don’t let the price of your baby shower gifts for guests worry you. You could pick up cheap prizes, and make them look fancy by adding ribbon, tulle, or putting them into cute gift bags or gift boxes. Remember – people are not there for the game prizes. It truly is the thought that counts.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget