55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
When guests attend a baby shower, they do expect to receive a baby shower favor. It’s simply part of the ritual that makes a baby shower and it should be included in your baby shower planning.
The trick to picking the best baby shower favors is to get something that people will appreciate.
Helpful Tips For Selecting The Perfect Baby Shower Favors
- Pick something that people will love AND use. So often, baby shower favors get forgotten in the car when the guest gets home or simply trashed. By picking any of the baby shower favor ideas below, you are practically guaranteed that this won’t happen because everything in this extensive, comprehensive list of shower favors, are practical and appreciated by most. These favors are also more focused on the guests, rather than the mother/ baby.
- Pick a party favor that mimics your baby shower theme. This is not compulsory but it’s cute and people will notice.
- Do keep the interests of your guests in mind when selecting a baby shower favor.
- If you are on a budget – do not fret. Baby shower favors do not have to be extravagant. You can easily get cheap baby shower favors that are also beautiful and useful. Everything on this list can be considered as homemade baby shower favors.
For your convenience, this post has been broken down into different categories of baby shower favors:
- Edible Favors
- Baby Shower Spa Party Ideas
- Plant Favors
- Mason jars baby shower favors
- Miscellaneous Baby Shower Favors
Edible Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Fresh Fruit Favors
When it comes to baby shower favor ideas, can it get any easier than fresh fruit? All you need is the fresh fruit and the containers! You can do any fruit you like or whatever is in season. You could also do a variety of fruits.
Mini Pie Favors
Image Credit: Laura Moss
Baby Shower Favors To Make: Flavored Sugars
Looking for a “unique baby shower favor?” This is it. Flavored sugars are relatively easy to make, too. Here is the complete recipe.
If not sugar, how about some flavored salts? Click here for the complete recipes for chili lime salt, vanilla salt, sriracha salt and rosemary lemon salt.
Baby Shower Gifts For Guests: Candy Apple Favors
Having a fall baby shower? Candy apples might just be perfect. You could make them by following the traditional candy apple recipe or add nuts like the image above. Either way, just add a thank you tag, and you’re set.
Popcorn Baby Shower Favors
Or if you think your guests would prefer that the popcorn already be popped, you could buy fancy gourmet popcorn and present them with this. Once you have your popcorn, all you’d need are your mason jars, burlap ribbon and decorative string.The added accent is cute but totally optional.
For a slightly easier setup, you could get baby shower and party favor boxes. If you are doing the “ready to pop” theme, you can get them in either pink or the blue favor boxes, fill them with popcorn, and you’re done. They are also available in the following themes: nautical, woodland, twinkle twinkle little star, elephant and aztec.
Soda Baby Shower Favors
This is a great DIY baby shower favor – all you will need is soda in glass bottles or cans, and personalized labels.
“Pop It When She Pops” – Baby Shower Sparkling Wine Favors
This is NOT a cheap baby shower favor! Even “cheap” sparkling wine is expensive when you buy it in bulk. You could bring the costs way down by buying the mini champagne bottles.
Baby Shower Candy Favors
What can be sweeter than a baby shower candy favor, and this is is one of many DIY baby shower favors. There are a variety of ways to present it too – one prettier than the next.
For a slightly different presentation, you could try these 2 oz little mason jars…
You could also box your candies up and add a bit of decoration to the boxes. These are premade gift boxes that you fold to assemble, so it’s quite easy to put together. Along with your gift boxes, you’ll also need some burlap, twine and floral accents to tie it all together.
How adorable is this one – and so simple too! Mason jars baby shower favors are so versatile. This is just a small mason jar with your candy of choice, a personalized sticker, cut flowers (which you could get from the Dollar Store,) and a pretty ribbon to tie it all together.
Baby Shower Favors To Make: Sprinkle Oreo Pops
Honey Baby Shower Favors
Honey is a “sweet” favor to offer and it fits into at least 3 baby shower themes:
- Bee baby shower
- Mommy to bee baby shower
- Winnie the Pooh baby shower
For a complete tutorial on how to create this
honey “hunny” favor, check out this helpful post.
Baby Shower Favor Cookies
Having a jungle or safari baby shower? How about these onesie shaped baby shower cookies? These are available from Etsy. If you know your way around the kitchen, you could make them yourself with onesie cookie cutters.
“Over The Moon”- Moon Pies – Perfect For Adoption Showers
This baby shower favor goes with the book “Over the Moon,” by Karen Katz. This is a children’s picture book about adoption, and would, therefore, be quite appropriate for an adoption baby shower. However, it would also fit quite nicely with a Book Baby Shower.
“Baby Is Brewing” Baby Shower Favor – Tea
You could easily make these yourself or buy them from Etsy.
Or, to match the “baby is brewing” theme…
Baby Is Brewing – Beer Can Coolers
These beer can coolers are custom made and available from Etsy.
Baby Shower Party Favors: Mug Cake In A Jar
For this party favor, all you will need is:
- mug cake batter,
- clear treat bags,
- tags for your mug cake instructions and your thank you message,
- little mugs / ramekins (available from the Dollar Store or Amazon.)
You may have heard of “bread in a bag” or “taco in a bag.” You can put whatever you want “in a bag” and offer it as a baby shower favor.
- Simply add the dry ingredients to a clear plastic bag;
- Put it into a kraft paper bag;
- Add your thank you tag and recipe instructions.
- For added cuteness, add a mini whisk for a baked item, or a spatula for a cooked item.
S’mores Favors For A Baby Sprinkle
How adorable! These s’mores favors are especially appropriate if this is your second or third baby, and you are having a baby sprinkle.
They’re super easy to put together too, and you can get these custom made tags from Etsy.
Baby Shower Party Favor Ideas: Herb Infused Oils
Herb-infused oils can be used in lots of different ways, and it’s certainly a very fancy favor. You could buy everything pre-made – like the image above, or you could totally do it yourself. Here’s a guide on how to infuse oils.
Baby Shower Spa Party Ideas
Baby Shower Soap Favors
Who doesn’t love fancy soaps? This is a baby shower favor that will be put to use, and certainly appreciated.
You could buy your soap favors with customized labels.
Baby Shower Party Favors: Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade bath salt favors are easy to make. They’re really useful and they’re one of several cheap baby shower favors on our list.
Bath salts are also one of those baby shower favor that people will actually use and appreciate because bath salts have so many benefits, like stress relief, it reduces muscle aches, offers headache relief, improves sleep, skin hydration and circulation in our bodies.
(Did you notice how cute this one below is – they even have seashells to pick up the bath salts.)
All you would need to make it is:
- Wide-mouthed mason jars to put it all in.
For full and complete instructions, visit Number-2-Pencil.com.
Bubble Bath Favors
If you like the idea of creating bubble bath favors, you’ve got a lot of options.
- You could buy travel sized bubble bath and add personalized labels to the bottles.
- You could buy a huge bottle of bubble bath, and fill 2oz sized plastic travel bottles with bubble bath – then add your personalized label. Or
- Make your own bubble bath. You would need to multiply the numbers below to give you the amount of bubble bath that you need. The measurements below are for 1 cup of bubble bath only:
- ¾ cup liquid castile soap (Your soap base)
- ¼ cup vegetable glycerin (Glycerin will give your bubbles a boost – it will make more suds and help your bubbles last longer.)
- 5-8 drops of your favorite essential oils (You could add more if you want the fragrance to be stronger.) Lavender, sandalwood, and tea tree oil are some favorites.
Homemade Sugar Scrub
Like bath salts, sugar scrubs are easy to make as well. This baby shower favor would be appreciated because sugar scrubs can be used to help exfoliate your skin.
There are also a TON of recipes to use but the basics are sugar and essential oils. Add them into your container of choice, like a small mason jar, tie on a little ribbon, a thank you tag, and you’re set.
Nail Polish Baby Shower Favors
If you like the idea but just cannot be bothered to do it yourself, get them custom made from Etsy.
“You’re The Bomb” Bath Bombs
You’re The “Balm” – Lip Balm Favors
These lip balm favors are also known as “EOS favors” because of the lip balm brand.
Hand Sanitizer Baby Shower Favors
Hand Lotion Baby Shower Favors
Most women love to have hand lotion within easy reach, so a travel hand lotion will come in handy for most of us.
“From My Shower To Yours” – Baby Shower Favors
Homemade Solid Perfume
Baby Shower Candle Favors
Baby shower candle favors are another one of our cheap baby shower favors. If you plan to do a candle, you could also add this little poem:
A little candle for you to light
to flicker, glow, and shine bright.
As you blow out the flame,
make a little wish in my name.
Thanks for coming to my mommy’s baby shower.
These are super simple to make! All you will need:
- Tealight candles
- Washi tape to cover each candle. You can use whichever colors you like to match your theme
- Organza bags, tulle or your fabric of choice and
- Yarn or string of your choice to wrap it all up.
Or make your own fancy candle. This is a DIY soy candle. Click here for the complete tutorial.
Cheap Baby Shower Favors: Hair Ties
This is a really flexible baby shower favor.
- You could save yourself the trouble and buy them pre-packaged like the image above. Hair ties can be customized by design. You could do a blue(ish) design for boys or try to find a pattern that would fit your baby shower theme. Or,
- You could absolutely make them yourself. Or, the easiest and cheapest option of all…
- You could buy a pack of hand knotted hair ties from Amazon, for as little as $9.95 for 100 (at the time of this writing). You could have tons of different designs and have your guests pick their favorite design.
If you choose option 2 or 3, all you would need are your hair ties and thank you tags, which you can print on some heavyweight cardstock paper.
Baby Shower Favors For Winter Showers
Having a baby shower in the winter? How perfect would thick, cozy slipper socks be for your guests?
“Watch Me Grow” Succulent Favors
Succulent party favors are unique and quite appropriate for a baby shower because they represent growth – just like the baby is growing. There are also cute little poems that you could add with your succulent favors, like:
- “I’m just a baby, watch me grow. Just like the little boy/girl you will soon get to know.”
- “When this little plant you see, think of baby girl/boy and me.”
- “Watch me grow”
If you have a green thumb, they’d be really easy to put together. All you would need is soil, containers and the succulents themselves (which you could get for as low as $2 each from Amazon (at the time of this writing), or you could also buy them from Walmart for $3-$4 each). You could use any containers you like. Amy from One Artsy Mama bought teacups from Goodwill to make her tea cup favors, but you could use mason jars or regular little plant pots.
Potted Plant Favors
Potted herbs can be picked up from your local nursery or Walmart for under $5. They are already potted, so all you may want to do is add a little ribbon and a tag to them.
For flower favors, you could present potted roses like the image above, or fresh cut flowers in a vase. The great thing about these flower favors (or really any potted plant favors), is that they act nicely as table decorations as well.
“Baby In Bloom” Seed Packet Favors
Seed packet favors are extremely common because it represents growth.
They are super easy to put together too. To create a seed packet favor like the above image, you would need:
- Ribbon of your choice
- Personalized tags
- Small plant pots to put the packet into;
- Your seed packets
Mason Jars Baby Shower Favors
Hot Chocolate In A Jar
Hot chocolate in a jar will go perfectly with a winter baby shower. All you would need are 5-ounce jars, instructions for the guests, twine or ribbon to tie the instructions, and the ingredients for each container, which are:
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Marshmallows to fill the jar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Optional add-ins (e.g. spices, crushed peppermint, espresso powder)
Please visit Uproot Kitchen for full and complete instructions on how to set it up.
Baby Shower Favors To Make: Cookie Mix In A Jar
Who does not love cookies? With cookie mix in a jar, you are offering a cute and useful baby shower favor, but also the ability for your guests to have fresh cookies, when they want it.
You could use any cookie recipe but as you pour the ingredients one by one, you do need to pack them down a bit, according to The Creative Junkie.
You will need:
Find cookie mix in a jar recipes here.
Or if you think your guests would prefer that the cookies are already baked, you could do…
Baked Cookies In A Jar
How easy is this? Bake or buy cookies, and pack them into a mason jar. Decorate the jar with ribbon/ twine. The above image has brown kraft paper but you could do wrapping paper or scrapbook paper too. If that’s not your thing, you could also use a small piece of fabric to cover each lid.
Cake in a Jar
If you know your way around the kitchen, this would be a great baby shower favor idea. The image above is of red velvet cake but you could do any baked dessert that you think your guests would like.
Sprinkles In A Jar – Baby Sprinkle Shower
These sprinkles will fit quite nicely with a baby sprinkle shower.
Meals In A Jar – Baby Shower Favor Ideas
As with the other mason jar baby shower favor ideas, all you would need is your mason jars (the size would depend on the ingredients you plan to put in there), your recipe, and ribbon or twine to tie the recipe.
The image above is of the Texas 2 Step Soup. Soup in a jar is popular but you could include dry ingredients for any meal. You want to be sure that whatever you add to the jar is shelf stable. The gift recipients will then add the fresh ingredients to prepare the meal.
For TONS of meals in a jar recipes, swing on over to Mom With A Prep.
Mini Jam Jars
These mini jam jars may seem hard to do but they’re super easy. Why? You can buy a few large jars of premade jams and jellies from the store and repackage it into smaller jars. Here’s what you will need:
- Small mason jars
- Jelly/ jam/ fruit preserves
- Fabric to cover the lids
- Ribbon to tie it all together
- Decorative diaper pins.
Manicure/ Pedicure In A Jar
This baby shower favor is quite popular but if you are on a budget, it will be a bit of a splurge. (If you are playing baby shower games at your shower, it might be more appropriate as a baby shower game prize.)
All of the items listed below are available in bulk, so just follow the product links provided for bulk pricing. Here’s what you could add to your mason jars:
- Nail Polish
- Nail File
- Cotton Rounds
- Cuticle Pusher
- Travel hand lotion
- Nail clippers
- Foam Toe Separators
- Ribbon or twine for your mason jar
- Personalized sticker or thank you tag to be tied to your mason jar.
Miscellaneous Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Cheap Baby Shower Favors: Mini Recipe Book Favor
If your family has great recipes, you could put together a little mini recipe book. Here are several free recipe templates from Canva.
Bird Nest Baby Shower Favors
Baby Shower Gifts For Guests: Birdseed Feeder
If you don’t like the idea of spending a lot on your baby shower favors, birdseed favors are a cheap, simple and eco-friendly way to thank your guests. You would need the seeds and a onesie cookie cutter. Click here for the tutorial.
Cigar Baby Shower Favors
What a cute twist on a classic baby shower favor. This cigar favor is especially appropriate if you are hosting a co-ed baby shower, where there are smokers. For complete instructions and free printables, click here.
Surprise In Paper Favor Bags
What a clever and cute way to surprise your guests! These paper favor bags are super easy to set up.
All you need is:
- mini kraft paper bags,(the bags in the sample image above are approximately 3.5 x 2 x 6″)
- Paper doilies (3.5″ doilies would fit the 3.5 x 2 x 6″ kraft paper bags, but get paper doilies that are the same width as your bags.)
- A hole punch
- Whatever you plan to an inside the kraft paper bags. This could be candy, cookies, or whatever you like.
- Small, clear, treat bags, If your surprise if a food item, you will want to put your surprise into the clear treat bags first, before you put them into the kraft bags because they may stain the paper bag.
- 1/8″ ribbon in two colors
- Printer – to print your preferred text onto the favor bags. You could also use fun baby shower stamps or stickers. This is optional.
For complete instructions, swing on over to Lulu the Baker.
Note For The Author
Thank you for taking the time to read this article about baby shower favors. I hope it has been extremely helpful, and that you find a ton of inspiration from it.
In putting this collection of baby shower party favors together, we were very careful. All the party favors can be adapted to fit either a baby girl, baby boy, or neutral baby shower.
You will also have noticed that baby shower favors are all over the show when it comes to price points. If you are on a budget, I want to assure you that you can absolutely have fabulous favors. We have included several beautiful but cheap baby shower favors. Do not let your budget hold you back. Be creative. This collection includes several baby shower favors to make by yourself.
If budget is not an issue for you, then you can certainly choose whatever you like from this collection. We were sure to accommodate you by offering helpful links to where you can buy custom-made baby shower favors.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love