How To Assemble A “Daddy Doody Kit” Like A Pro
Looking for funny baby shower gifts for the dad-to-be? How about this fun and oh-so-practical “Daddy Doody Kit.”
During the baby shower season, (the beginning of mom’s third trimester,) dads are often forgotten or completely left out. But, by offering a thoughtful gift like this, he is included… if only for a bit.
Your Daddy Doody Kit could be presented to the dad-to-be at his diaper party or a co-ed baby shower, or anytime before the baby is born.
What To Put In Your Daddy Doody Kit
You will want to put in practical baby items that will be useful to the new dad. The trick, however, is to add a few embellishments for humor…
- Diaper rash cream;
- Surgical gloves or rubber gloves;
- Goggles and clothes pin for dad’s nose; or
- Gas mask; (these can be quite pricey but because it’s just an embellishment, you could pick up the cheapest one, available for around $10 – at the time of this writing.)
- Tongs for diaper disposal;
- Hand sanitizer;
- Baby wash;
- Soft washcloth;
- Baby bottle;
- Baby powder;
- Baby formula; (if mom is planning to formula feed. You could add a few individual-portion sachets.)
- Pacifier and pacifier clip; (When picking a pacifier to include, get one for newborn babies, like a Soothie. That way, it can be used as soon as the baby is born.)
- Baby socks;
- Baby wipes
- Tylenol – for dad
You can certainly add more items as you see fit but the above are essentials, with only the gas mask/ goggles and clothespin, tongs, rubber gloves and Tylenol as embellishments.
Daddy Doody Kit: Where To Put It All In?
The size of the items you buy will depend on where you will put them in. Do consider your container first, before you make your “content” purchases. For example, if you plan to use the transparent paint can, you will need to get mostly travel sized items. This is easy to do because you can get them all at your local store.
Clear/ transparent paint can; (like in the featured image above);
Daddy Diaper Toolbox/ Daddy Diaper Changing Toolbox
To finish off, it’s a good idea to print out the contents for dad-to-be.
Note From The Author
If you are looking for funny baby shower gifts, this is a good one. I was giggling the whole time as I was typing out the “content” of the “daddy diaper changing toolbox.” What I love about it, is that it’s not just funny, but very practical.
PLANNING A DIAPER PARTY OR A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love