Every Question Answered About The Amazon Baby Registry
All You Wanted To Know About The Amazon Baby Registry
In the world of baby registries, the Amazon Baby Registry is the undisputed king. It is huge! You can find just about anything you want on there. It’s extremely convenient and for the most part, the Amazon baby registry offers the best deals.
Despite being king, there are lots of questions you may have about the Amazon baby registry.
- How To Do An Amazon Baby Registry Search?
- How Does The Amazon Baby Registry Work?
- Why is Amazon One of The Best Places To Register For Baby?
- How Do I Get The Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box?
- What is the Amazon Baby Registry Completion Discount?
- What is the Amazon Baby Registry Returns Policy?
- Is there an Amazon Baby Registry Discount?
- How Does the Amazon Universal Baby Registry Work?
How To Do An Amazon Baby Registry Search?
Follow this link to search the Amazon’s Registry Database.
Type in the new mom’s name or email, and click SEARCH. The more information you can enter, the narrower the search results will be.
How Does The Amazon Baby Registry Work?
The Amazon Registry works like any other registry – but it’s strictly online. You (1) create a registry of things you’d like to receive as gifts (for you and your baby), you (2) let people know about your registry, and (3) they buy it for you.
The difference between the Amazon baby registry and other registries is that Amazon’s selection is HUGE. It allows you to sort through thousands of baby and maternity-related items to add to your registry. As you find what you want, you simply click the “Add To Baby Registry” Button – the one with all the red arrows pointing to it, below.
Once you have done that, Amazon gives you a link that you can share with your friends and family, (and also on your baby shower invitations.) People can now easily find your registry and buy from it.
Why is Amazon One of The Best Places To Register For Baby?
- An Amazon’s Baby Registry comes with a free Amazon Baby Registry Welcome box. You get this just for creating your registry. (Some restrictions apply – see “How do I get the Amazon baby registry welcome box?). It is valued at $35, and it has great goodies for baby and mommy.
- It’s really easy to create and organize an Amazon’s baby registry. Amazon offers lots of guides, tips and tricks. They also offer a jumpstart checklist, where they offer suggestions on what you may need. You can even search through other people’s registries for instant inspiration.
- Everything that you need as a new parent, is available on Amazon. They carry the largest selection of baby registry items. Period. The Target Registry is great and so is Walmart, but when it really comes down to it, Amazon simply has more variety to choose from. That’s because Amazon has a ton of 3rd party sellers on their platform. Sure, Walmart has that too but there’s not much of a comparison in terms of scale. If variety is a big deal for you, no other registry can beat the amazon baby registry.
- Amazon’s shipping is free if you have Prime, or free for purchases over $49.
- The registry is easy and hassle-free. Anyone can shop off your registry, from anywhere – even internationally. If you make it easy for people to buy things on your registry, they will buy.
- Not really sure what to add to your registry? Amazon’s baby registry has a checklist, right inside the registry to help guide you. Also, most products sold on Amazon come with customer reviews, to help you make buying decisions. For a free downloadable baby essentials checklist, click here.
- You can manage your baby registry on the go with Amazon’s mobile app.
- Amazon offers a limited amount of Free Parenting ebooks. (This perk does not include paid books).
- Once you set up your registry, it’s easy to email friends and family to let them know about your baby registry. The Amazon’s Baby Registry Database is huge but it’s relatively easy for people to find your registry.
- If you choose, Amazon will send out digital thank you cards to everyone who purchases something from your baby registry. This is a great perk! It saves you a lot of time.
- When someone buys anything from your registry, it automatically goes into your “Thank You List”. This is great, and it means you don’t have to keep track of anything. Amazon tracks what was purchased, and by whom.
- Amazon’s customer service is good and reliable.
How Do I Get The Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box?
The Amazon registry welcome box is filled with mommy and baby goodies worth $35, and it’s available to select customers. Here’s all you need to do to get one for yourself:
- You need to be an active Amazon Prime account member. Being an Amazon Prime trial member counts as well.
- You’ll need to create and complete a baby registry checklist – like this one; and
- You or someone else has to make a purchase of $10+ from your registry.
Once you’ve done all that, you can CLAIM your welcome box.
Here’s an idea of what you get in an Amazon baby welcome box.
What is the Amazon Baby Registry Completion Discount?
The Amazon Baby Registry offers a 10% completion discount. However, if you have Amazon Prime, you get a 15% completion discount. Keep in mind that the completion discount applies to one transaction only – it cannot be spread over several purchases. (You may have heard that your completion discount purchases can be spread over 2 purchases. To complete this post, I did a ton of research and on Amazon’s site, they have conflicting details. On some pages, they say 1 transaction, on others they say 2 transactions. Please check with Amazon but for the sake of safety, I’m going with 1 transaction.)
The Amazon completion discount may be used for orders up to an aggregate of $2,000 USD. You could spend more than $2000 but if you have Amazon Prime, you will not get more than a maximum discount of up to $300 USD.
Your completion discount is offered on select items from your baby registry, 60 days before your baby’s due date, to 60 days after the birth. Amazon will show you a link to redeem the discount as soon as you become eligible. That link will also show you all the eligible items that you can get a discount on.
A 15% discount, or even a 10% discount is very welcome to most folks. If you can take advantage of it, you absolutely should! Amazon does have reasonable terms and conditions that apply to the baby registry discount.
It is super important that you create your registry early. If your registry was created less than 14 days ago, you will not yet be eligible for a completion discount.
Keep in mind – if you started your baby registry without Amazon Prime, you will only get a 10% off completion discount BUT you can join Amazon Prime any time prior to redeeming your discount to be eligible for 15%.
What is the Baby Registry Returns Policy?
Amazon offers a 90-day return window on most products purchased from your baby registry. This return window is standard for Amazon, but actually quite low when compared to other baby registries. Target gives you a year to return baby registry items.
A tip you will want to remember – as gifts arrive, save your packing slips. This will make returns so much easier for you because you’ll have the order id number handy.
Is there an Amazon Registry Discount?
The discount that you can expect is the Amazon completion discount, which is referenced above.
You get the completion discount towards the end of your baby registry. However, Amazon is really great at offering discounts and coupons all the time. They have an actual coupons page, that you can access anytime to see if there is anything you might like. Also, they have a ton of 3rd party sellers, which makes their platform really competitive. This is great for you because those vendors are eager to get your business. As such, they offer great deals too!
How Does the Amazon Universal Baby Registry Work?
The Universal Baby Registry is a great feature. It allows you to put things on your registry, that is not actually on Amazon.
Whatever is not on Amazon, you can still add to your registry by installing Amazon’s free 1 Button App. It’s an extension that’s super easy to install. When you see something online that you’d like to add to your baby registry, you simply click the button (which lives at the top of your browser), and it gets added to your wish list.
If someone is looking through your baby registry, they will notice non-Amazon items listed. If they decide to click the button to purchase an item, they’ll be given the option to “reserve” the item for purchase before they are taken to the website where the item is sold. This is great because others will know that the gift is spoken for. When someone reserves the item, it indicates their intent to buy it.
Do keep in mind that items from the universal registry, takes place outside of Amazon. That means, no Amazon payments or shipping, returns, customer service, Amazon’s A-Z guarantee, etc. It takes place entirely outside of Amazon. Also, anything you add from a universal registry, will not be eligible for Amazon’s completion discount.
More Useful Baby Registry Resources
- All You Need To Know To Find The Best Baby Registry
- New Baby Essentials Checklist
- How to get your Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box
- All you need to know about the Amazon Baby Registry Discount
- Everything You Need To Know Before You Start A Baby Registry