If you are trying to learn how to make a corsage, you are probably getting ready for a baby shower, a prom, or another event where someone is being honored. Yeah!
In this post, you can learn how to make a corsage that can be used for moms-to-be, proms, and really any occasion. However, if you are planning to make a corsage for a baby shower, keep the following in mind:
- in the olden days, a baby shower corsage would be pink or blue to signify the baby’s gender. Not so much anymore. Nowadays, a corsage or “mommy to be sash” is often made to match the new mommy’s personality, or the baby shower theme.
- also in the olden days, a baby shower corsage was a floral arrangement. People do still mostly use flowers to make corsages, but not always. Nowadays, the sky is the limit when it comes to designing a baby shower corsage.
- If you are planning to make a corsage (or maternity sash) for the mom-to-be, do consult with her first. Find out what she is wearing on the day of the baby shower. You will want the corsage and/or maternity sash to complement her clothes.
How To Make A Corsage For Your Baby Shower
Here’s What You Will Need To Make A Baby Shower Corsage:
- 5 Ribbons with different widths;
- Simple embellishment/ baby shower clipart;
- Glue gun.
How to Make A Flower Corsage For Any Occasion
The video below references a corsage for a prom but simple flower corsages like these can be used for proms, weddings, baby showers and any other events where corsages are needed.
Here’s What You Will Need To Make A Corsage:
- Fresh flowers;
- Floral wire;
- Floral Tape;
- Silk Leaves;
How To Make A Maternity Sash – A Simple Version
Here’s What You Will Need To Make A Maternity Sash:
- 9 Flowers in different sizes (select the large one for the center);
- 1-1/2 inch Ribbon at 82″ long or you can also use a 2 inch wide lace;
- Hot glue gun;
How To Make A Maternity Sash – A More Elaborate Version
Here’s What You Will Need:
- 1 Roll couture ribbon 6.35 cm wide;
- 1 White big button;
- Washi tape;
- Variety of flowers;
- Floral spray;
- Fabric lace;
- Faux pearl strand embellishments (2 different sizes);
- Plastic crystal strand embellishments;
- Organza fabric;
- Wire brush;
- Fabric leaves with wire;
- Turkey feathers;
- Felt sheet;
- 1 Roll black sequins.
If you were learning how to make a corsage for a mom-to-be, you will love this post: Beautiful Baby Shower Corsage & Maternity Sash Ideas
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love