Why You Should Consider Baby Shower Flowers
- Baby shower flowers are often used as centerpieces at a baby shower. They are often the center of attraction. Although there are many other options for baby shower centerpieces, flowers remain a popular one.
- Your baby shower centerpieces – whether they are flowers or not, will play a big role in shaping the style and ambiance of your baby shower.
- A well-designed baby shower centerpiece has the wonderful ability to pull a party theme together.
- With the right choice of flower arrangements, flowers are a perfect way to enhance your existing baby shower decor and theme.
- Finally, baby shower flowers can be quite cost-effective when compared to other baby shower centerpieces. This is especially the case if you’re using filler flowers, like our first image below…
Baby Shower Flowers For Inspiration
Helpful Tips For Planning Your Baby Shower Flowers/ Centerpieces
- Tall, lavish baby shower centerpieces are great for creating drama and adding instant character to the area, especially an area with high ceilings.
- If you’re going for a more relaxed look, consider smaller centerpieces that sit lower on the tables. Baby shower flowers and centerpieces that sit lower on the table, make the area feel more intimate and cozy.
- If you are planning smaller arrangements, choose statement blooms that can stand out on their own. Examples include sunflowers, spider mums, cafe au lait dahlias, or even succulents. (Succulents are very versatile – they can also be used as baby shower favors.)
- You could also consider mixing and matching your baby shower centerpieces. If you are using several tables, you could have taller flowers on some tables, and shorter ones on other tables.
- If you are using a professional florist – do talk to her/ him about what flower arrangments might work best for your venue, style and season. Definitely let her know what your baby shower theme is because she may be able to complement it.
- Don’t be afraid to use quirky vases and containers. The type of container you use will evoke a different look and feel. A simple glass jar (or mason jars) can be elegant and beautiful – and it says rustic. A polished silver vase or a terra cotta pot says something completely different. Some popular vases/ containers you could consider are:
- Mason jars;
- Simple glass vases;
- Large white, ceramic pitchers;
- Teacups and saucers;
- Tea tins;
- Rain boots; (Yes, you read that right. Check out the examples above.)
- Old wine bottles;
- Candle holders;
- Small wooden crates;
- For decoration, also consider decorating your vases/ containers. You could use beautiful ribbon (that matches your baby shower theme) to make bows, paint your vases, or use small, white umbrellas as embellishments – it is a baby “shower” after all.
Note From The Author
I personally love beautiful decorations. I’m always impressed when I attend social gatherings, especially when their decorations are unique. But as much as I love beautiful party or shower decor, I always cringe when I have to plan one myself, and I think about costs. (I’m very frugal.) If that’s not enough, I dislike the idea of spending money on 40 mason jars for example, that I may not use again.
If you are like me, I want to assure you that you can plan beautiful baby shower flower arrangements, on a budget. The Dollar Store, Goodwill, and other thrift stores are great because they’re cheap, and thrift stores often have things you can’t find anywhere else.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love