What Is A Baby Sprinkle?
While a baby shower is a celebration of a mother’s first baby, a baby sprinkle is a celebration of all mom’s next babies. According to baby shower etiquette, the first baby has a baby shower. Every other child that follows has a baby sprinkle.
For your convenience, you can see baby sprinkle ideas, baby sprinkle invitation wording ideas, and baby sprinkle invitations.
The Difference Between A Baby Shower And A Baby Sprinkle Shower
- Cost – Traditional baby showers are usually big and extravagant. Baby sprinkles or 2nd baby showers are a little bit scaled-down.
- Gifts – By the time 2nd baby showers come along, parents already have all the big-ticket items they need. Instead, baby shower gifts will be mostly diapers and wipes. However, throw all that out the window if the baby sprinkle is for a sibling who arriving several years after the first one was born. In that case, mom might have gotten rid of the crib and everything else. Therefore, she will want to set up a full baby registry with all the new baby essentials she will need.
- Invitations – Baby sprinkle invitation wording is different from baby shower invitation wording. It recognizes that this is the birth of a second or third child. (see below).
Baby Sprinkle Invitation Wording
Baby sprinkle invitation wording is different from traditional baby shower invitation wording because the occasion is different.
Here are a few great examples of baby sprinkle invitation wording:
Baby dreams and planning galore, Jack and Amy are having one more.
Bibs, diapers, bottles galore. Two years later she is having one more!
Baby number “2” is on the way. Jack and Amy can hardly wait.
Another boy is joining our crew! Help us celebrate!
Thank the Heavens! We’re FINALLY having a girl.
Thank the Heavens! We’re finally having a boy.
Help us welcome into this world our newest baby girl.
Twinkle, Twinkle! It’s time for a Sprinkle.
There’s a new tot joining our lot.
There once was a time when we heard her say, “I’m done, that’s it… two kids, call it a day.” But now those words are all in the past. There’ll be another Johnson baby, and this will be the last?
Little babies are filled with so much fun. We’ve decided to have another one! With another sweet baby on the way, we hope you will join us to brighten the day.
Two little hands and sweet little feet, another baby makes our family complete!
Unlike unicorns, babies don’t poop rainbows. Keep the new little one from becoming a hot mess by bringing diapers and wipes to the Pamper Party. [Request diapers and wipes]
Bottles, diapers and wipes galore. Jack and Amy are having one more! Big Sister Heidi has plenty to share. This is only a “Sprinkle” to show that we care.
or slightly reworked
Baby smiles and giggles galore, Amy and Jack are having one more! Big Brother Reece has plenty to share. This is only a “Sprinkle” to show that we care.
Bring diapers and wipes and new baby toys – Just little gifts to share in her joy! [Request diapers & wipes]
Mommy and Daddy aren’t quite sure what they’ll need once the baby is born. Please bring a gift card for the parents-to-be, so they’ll be ready for whatever they need. [Request gift cards]
Big Brother Reece has plenty to share. This baby sprinkle is to help Mommy prepare, with diapers and wipes and all the essentials, to make the new baby feel extra special.
Your presence is our present. Please no gifts. [No gifts]
Baby Johnson already has all that he needs, but books are always welcome for Mom and Dad to read. So just bring your favorite fairytale or storybook, and help create the baby’s special reading nook. [Bring a book instead of a card request]
Not much is needed, just the basics will do, such as diapers and clothes are welcome from you. If you bring diapers, a great prize you may win, in a raffle we’ll be sure to put your name in. So let’s eat some good food and fun games we will play. We hope you can come, it would just make our day!Instead of a shower, we forecast a sprinkle. You may remember the first was a Mister. Now join us in welcoming his first little Sister!
Blankies, diapers, love, and joy. Jack and Amy are expecting a boy. This is only a “Sprinkle” to show that we care.
One little boy is already here. He brought us all his love and cheer. He wants to share all of his toys, but there are no other little boys. Now mommy’s expecting baby number two. I know what she’s having, how about you? No need to shower this mommy again. We just have to sprinkle with odds and ends!
We are Tickled Pink and Happy to say that sweet Little (baby’s name) is on her way! Let’s help Jack and Amy welcome baby number two. No need for a showering of gifts…. just a Sprinkle will do!
When the first one arrives, there are showers of blessings… from furniture to toys, and clothes for each dressings! But what do you do with baby number two? The toys are still good and the crib’s almost new! But the diapers are gone and so are the wipes. And the onesies don’t last past just one little tyke. Please join us for a sprinkle to help Mommy prepare.
Bottles, booties, and diapers galore, Amy is expecting just one more! Big (sister/brother) has plenty to share. It’s just a sprinkle to show that we care! Not much is needed, just the basics will do, like diapers or wipes or gift cards too!
Another sweet smile to brighten our day. Another tiny hand to hold along the way! Jack and Amy are excited to say, that big brother Reece has a baby sister on the way!
Baby Sprinkle Invitations
Baby sprinkle invitations are different from baby shower invitations. Here are a few great options to inspire you:
Baby Sprinkle Ideas
Sprinkles on strawberries. This will make a great baby shower dessert.
Sprinkles and flowers as baby shower centerpieces.
Sprinkles on a baby shower cake.
Baby sprinkle welcome sign.
Baby shower cookies for your baby sprinkle.
Delicious donuts for a donut sprinkle. Donuts can be offered as a dessert and a baby shower favor.
Baby Sprinkle decorations.
Baby sprinkle diaper cake. You can totally make this yourself.
Decorations for a baby sprinkle.
Decorations for a baby sprinkle.
Adorable baby shower cookies with sprinkles.
Decorations for a baby sprinkle.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Spectacularly Beautiful Baby Shower Flowers On A Budget
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Extraordinary Baby Shower Cakes
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- Gender Reveal Cake Ideas To Amaze Everyone
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love