The Yummiest Part Of The Baby Shower: Baby Shower Cookies
When it comes to baby shower desserts, baby shower cookies are probably the easiest to set up – especially if you are not making them yourself! All you need is a beautiful display, delicious cookies – and you’re set.
For your convenience, this post has been broken down into three parts:
- Part 1: 95 Baby shower cookie ideas. This is a comprehensive list of adorable baby shower cookies that are too darn cute to eat. Use the collection as inspiration. There are baby shower cookies for girl showers, boy showers, twin showers, gender neutral baby shower cookies, gender reveal cookies, onesie cookies and of course the ever popular elephant cookies.
- Part 2: How to display your baby shower cookies. We have helpful tips on the best way to display cookies, as well as a helpful video to show you how to do it.
- Part 3: DIY – baby shower cookies recipe and how-to videos.
Baby Shower Cookie Ideas
FYI – we’ve sprinkled in just a few “non cookies” because they fit the baby shower theme very well.
Great idea for a gender reveal party.
These campfire/ s’mores are great for a baby sprinkle because it indicates “s’more” love being added to the family.
These might be great for a book themed baby shower!
The flower themed baby cookies are great because they represent the “baby is blooming” theme.
These are not “cookies” but they are a small, easy baby shower themed dessert.
These cookies are from Dr. Seuss so they would be great for a book themed baby shower.
How simple and perfect are these for a gender reveal baby shower?
How To Display Baby Shower Cookies
Consider The Cookie Flavors
Baby shower cookies will most likely be plain, vanilla cookies. However, if you decide to be adventurous and offer different flavors at your baby shower, be careful how you display them.
Although delicious, certain cookies with strong spices or flavor extracts could taint the flavor and texture of other delicately flavored cookies. Spiced cookies should be served on separate platters or at least separated from the delicately flavored cookies – if they’re on the same platter. For example, if you are serving mint cookies on a tray with simple sugar cookies, the sugar cookies can take on a minty flavor. So also, soft cookies placed on top of crispy cookies, can soften the crispy cookies.
Baby shower cookies with similar and mild flavors can go together, like sugar cookies, butter cookies, and shortbread cookies. Spicy cookies like gingerbread and snickerdoodles pair well together.
Simple Is Better When You’re Displaying Baby Shower Cookies
If your baby shower cookies are adorable, half the work is already done. Your best bet now is to display them simply. A simple arrangement of cookies can be attractive but it’s especially the case for baby shower cookies.
If you are using a rectangular tray, arrange the cookies in straight rows. A mound of cookies mixed together can also look appealing if the cookies are attractive or they share a common feature.
If you have a limited number of “special cookies,” arrange a bed of simple cookies as a background for the special cookies.
Think Outside The “Cookie” Box
Your cookie arrangement does not need to follow the shape of the cookie platter you’re using. You could instead use your cookie platters as a background for displaying cookies in a playful shape. For example, since this is a baby shower – you could arrange the cookies in the shape of a rattle.
How To Make Baby Shower Cookies
If you are not a baker, the thought of making these baby cookies yourself may feel intimidating.
How to decorate baby onesie cookies:
How to decorate baby shower cookies for a baby boy shower:
How to decorate baby shower cookies for a baby girl shower.
Note From The Author
If you are planning to bake the baby cookies yourself, I think you’re awesome! I trust I’ve given you enough resources to get it done.
If you plan on buying them, your best bet would be to find an independent bakery in your area, and ask them if they can do it for you. Just one important thing though – give them enough notice. Elaborately decorated baby cookies take time and you may need to book them in advance. When it comes to planning a baby shower, there is a lot to do and ordering the baby cookies may seem less important. I urge you not to leave this to the last minute. To ensure you stay on track, use a baby shower planning checklist.
It took me some time to find the most adorable baby cookies but if I missed any good ones, let me know. Also, if you found an even better recipe, or really any resources that could be helpful to other moms, let us know in the comments.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love