While the baby shower is for the first baby, all subsequent babies will have a baby sprinkle. Baby sprinkles are a little low key compared to traditional baby showers, but they are just as fun and adorable. Here are tons of great baby sprinkles ideas, along with easy instructions on how to plan a baby sprinkle shower.
Baby Sprinkle Ideas
How To Plan A Baby Sprinkle Shower?
Set The Date
If you are following a baby shower checklist, your baby sprinkle will be scheduled approximately 6-8 weeks before the baby’s due date. This gives the host plenty of time to plan, guests enough time to rsvp, and it gives mom enough time to make sure she has everything she needs.
Choose a Baby Sprinkle Theme
You have tons of options. You could:
- embrace the sprinkle theme. As you will notice from the baby sprinkle ideas above, you can introduce the sprinkle theme in lots of elements like baby sprinkle favors, foods, balloons, centerpieces, decorations, etc. The ideas are endless;
- if you know the gender, you could introduce baby sprinkle ideas into a baby boy or baby girl shower;
- if you don’t know the gender, you could have a gender reveal baby shower; or
- choose from tons of baby shower themes and complement it with baby sprinkle ideas.
Create Your Guest List
Create And Send Out Baby Sprinkle Invitations
Bibs, diapers, bottles galore. Two years later she is having one more!
Little babies are filled with so much fun. We’ve decided to have another one! With another sweet baby on the way, we hope you will join us to brighten the day.
- Baby diapers and wipes. These are the most common gifts requested for a baby sprinkle. Often, parents may choose to have a diaper raffle to encourage guests to bring more diapers;
- Traditional baby shower gifts. If the new baby is coming years after the last baby, mom may have gotten rid of lots of things. If that’s the case, she can create a baby registry.
- Frozen meals. Meal showers are very popular and practical too. Instead of diapers or traditional baby gifts, guests can help stock the family’s freezer with healthy homemade meals.
Plan A Baby Sprinkle Menu
If mom is on a restricted diet during this pregnancy, don’t forget to include something she can eat, too!
Don’t forget the baby shower punch and refreshments. Baby shower/ sprinkle punch is a tradition and lots of guests will expect it.
Plan Your Guest Entertainment
As with baby showers, your guests will expect to either play baby shower games or do baby shower activities. Both are acceptable and the host and mom will decide.
Don’t Forget Older Brother(s)/ Sister(s)
New babies are exciting – for everyone but the siblings, perhaps.
Be sure to include older siblings in the planning.
- You could give them a role to play at the baby sprinkle. They could create a project for the sprinkle, or they could help with the decorations;
- If you’re having a “sip and see”/ “meet and greet” sprinkle, allow the sibling to introduce the new baby. That would make them feel involved and part of the celebrations.
- You could give them advice on how to be a good big brother or sister, or ask them what kind of brother or sister they want to be;
- To help them feel special, consider a gift for the sibling.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Spectacularly Beautiful Baby Shower Flowers On A Budget
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Extraordinary Baby Shower Cakes
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- Gender Reveal Cake Ideas To Amaze Everyone
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love