How better to welcome the little pumpkin than with a Fall Baby Shower! It’s easy to set up, and it’s really pretty too.
In this post, you can expect to see fall baby shower ideas for decorations, food, desserts, baby shower cakes, drinks, centerpieces, and favors.
The Fall baby shower theme is one of the simplest to set up because almost everything you will need is available locally. This means, if you didn’t follow a baby shower checklist and you’re throwing things together at the last minute, you might actually be able to pull off a spectacular baby shower, despite your time limitations.
This is also a cheap baby shower to plan! A lot of what you need can be picked up from your local Dollar store or local Walmart!
Fall Baby Shower Decorations
Autumn brings with it beautiful, colorful tones.
In terms of baby shower decorations, there is so much you can do to set the theme. Below are just a few ideas of “Fall themes” you can use to set the stage for your baby shower:
- Pumpkins (to welcome the little pumpkin);
- Autumn leaves, (you could get a pack from your local Dollar Store to help decorate.)
- Turkeys – perfect if the baby shower is around Thanksgiving;
- Camp-out and S’mores;
- Apples, apple cider, candy apples;
- Halloween – you can blend Fall and Halloween if your shower is close to Halloween. Click here to see fabulous and hilarious Pregnant Halloween Costumes.
These are just a few ideas that fit perfectly into an Autumn baby shower.
Fall colors are traditionally yellow, orange and brown but you certainly don’t need to stick with that. If you are hosting, going traditional is probably the safest bet but check with the mom-to-be. She is, after all, the guest of honor.
Pumpkins are an easy and versatile decoration!
During the Fall, you can get pumpkins just about anywhere, and you can get it in all kinds of sizes too.
Try to introduce your theme wherever you can. Even something as simple as a pumpkin on a straw seems spectacular, and it creates the impression that you have put a lot into the planning of the baby shower.
First-time-moms feel really proud of their baby’s ultrasound photos. If you could somehow introduce ultrasound photos into your theme, that would surely make her happy.
Instead of a traditional baby guest book, you could have a faux pumpkin guestbook instead. You can get these faux pumpkins in white or the traditional orange. If you choose this route, do make sure you have a sharpie for the guests to write their names and messages.
Fall baby shower decorations need not be elaborate. A little touch of color here and there may be all you need to create an amazing baby shower.
Fall Baby Shower Food Ideas
Food! It’s the best part of any baby shower! But don’t stress too much over it. Find a few simple but delicious baby shower food recipes, and set up a buffet for casual eating.
Fall baby shower food ideas are also some of the easiest foods to prepare, as you will see below.
When it comes to choosing fall baby shower foods, you’re in luck. You have lots of options. Some common fall food ideas are:
- Chili buffet with hot dogs, baked potatoes, etc.
- Hearty soups, like butternut pumpkin, minestrone, french onion soup, etc.
- Jalapeno poppers, chicken wings or chicken tenders.
- There’s also pumpkin patch bites (image below), harvest hash trail mix, and too many more to fit in here.
Fall Baby Shower Dessert Ideas
There are several things you can choose and they will depend on your overall colors and theme. For example, if your fall themed baby shower is all about pumpkins, you might want to consider pumpkin pies. If your theme is more about camping and the outdoors, then s’mores might be a great idea.
Fall Baby Shower Cake Ideas
The wonderful thing about baby shower cakes, is that you can be as elaborate or as simple as you like.
If you choose to go simple, the addition of a pumpkin cake topper can tie everything together very nicely.
Fall Baby Shower Drinks
You have several options when it comes to drinks and refreshments.
Lots of people like to serve baby shower punch. However, if you are hoping to stay true to the fall themed shower, consider the traditional fall drinks, like apple cider. Or you could go with drinks that match your theme colors.
Fall Themed Baby Shower Ideas: Centerpieces
There is a lot you can do here, and it will depend on your budget and your chosen colors.
You could use flowers, flowers and pumpkins, you could even paint your pumpkins to match your chosen colors.
Fall Themed Baby Shower Favors And Prizes
When it comes to choosing fall baby shower foods, you’re in luck because almost everything is easy to make.
Here are a few fall themed baby shower favors to choose from.
Teeny little pumpkins. Image Credit
Fall Baby Shower Invitations
Your baby shower invitations are important. They are the first thing your guests will see.
Your invitations set the tone for the whole baby shower, which is why it is always a great idea to introduce your baby shower theme in the invitations.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Hosting or planning a baby shower takes a lot of work. You will be juggling a lot of balls in the air. Use the resources below to make your life A LOT easier.
Baby Shower Planning
- 7 Easy Tips on How To Plan a Baby Shower
- The Only Baby Shower Checklist You Will Need!
- A comprehensive List: Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- 54 Breathtakingly Beautiful Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Expert Tips on How To Host A Baby Shower That Everyone Will Remember
- 89 Beautiful & Totally Doable Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Etiquette
- Baby Shower Invitation Etiquette
Party Favors, Prizes & Foods
- Baby Shower Cupcakes That Are Too Cute To Eat
- Extraordinary Baby Shower Cakes
- Easy Baby Shower Desserts That Are Truly Irresistible
- Strictly Baby Shower Activities, Not Games
- 72 Mostly FREE and Hilarious Baby Shower Games To Play
- 52 Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 41 Ridiculously Easy & Delicious Baby Shower Punch Recipes
- 55 Easy & Unique Baby Shower Favor Ideas To Fit Any Budget
- Baby Shower Prizes Your Guests Will Actually Love